Re: Using flat symbol in text

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Using flat symbol in text
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 01:03:22 +0200

On 18 October 2011 10:06, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
> I occasionally want to use the flat symbol in a header, usually to indicate
> the original key when a piece has been transposed from the original key.
> Neither way I have found of doing this is satisfactory, as shown below. The
> first leads to an oversized flat symbol that is too close to the preceding
> character, and the second to a flat symbol that does not have the same
> weight as the surrounding characters.

Hi Nick,

You might be interested by this topic (quite recent but fallen into
oblivion?) initiated by Janek on lilypond-devel:
"do we want special versions of the accidentals for use with text?"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-09/msg00353.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-09/msg01089.html

Cheers,
Xavier