Re: Vowel with Umlaut

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Vowel with Umlaut
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 07:29:03 +0200

"GRAEME F ST CLAIR" <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, I plowtered (Scottish word) around with jEdit, but didn't get
> much where, so I recovered a Windows Emacs from backup, that I'd never
> got round to trying, installed it and got exactly nowhere with that
> either - like vi, "It's a Unix thang, I wouldn't understand"...

"Recovering a Windows Emacs from backup" is probably not the best idea
since it is under furious development (surprisingly so for a 30 year old
piece of software) and a lot of focus is on making it less of "a Unix
thang".

If you want to give it a fair try, you should install a reasonably
current version.  It won't be easier to understand, but you'll be able
to do a lot even without understanding.  Are you married?

--
David Kastrup