Re: lilypond / inkscape

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: lilypond / inkscape
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:44:01 +0200

On Oct 19, 2011, at 11:39 AM, Gerard McConnell wrote:

> I often see topics introduced here in which solutions are sought for
> font-related or position-related problems.  Almost all of these problems are
> easily solved by creating an SVG file with Lilypond and then editing that
> file with Inkscape.    What is the downside of working this way?

If you're sure that your score will never change and that you'll never want to
share the .ly files it with anyone, then there is no downside.  However, if you
want the score to be flexible in case you need to change it and if you want
others to be able to edit it, I'd steer clear of the Inkscape solution.  I've
tried it several times as an expedient and, like many expedients, one regrets
them later on.

Cheers,
MS