Re: How to read out the number of beams and the space between them?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: How to read out the number of beams and the space between them?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:39:14 -0500

Hi Harm,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 5:15 PM, harm6 <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been thinking about this some more.  Specifically, I've noticed that
> adding the beam widths and the spaces between the beams doesn't seem to
> add
> up precisely to the total extent of the beam.  The result is that the size
> of the bracket is off -- noticeably so in the first beamed group.
>
> I don't know why this is the case.  (I hope that somebody with more
> expertise could answer this.)

I noticed this too. This was one of the difficulties I had to solve in the
original function. (I hope I've done it)

I'm very curious how you solved this!

Many thanks to work on my test-function, but your suggestion doesn't work
with all possible beams.
Try:
\relative c' {
 \stemUp
 \override Beam #'stencil = #stencil-plus-bracket
 f32 [f']
}

Yes, I realized soon after sending it that it only works when the beam is level.

Anyway, I will post my function once work is finished. I can see the end.

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Best,
David