Re: Alternative note inserting for guitar tabs

From: davehtx
Subject: Re: Alternative note inserting for guitar tabs
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 19:08:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lilyjoe. As far as I know, to make a tab in Lilypond you have to input
note names. You should try TuxGuitar. It allows you to make tabs by
specifying string- and fret-numbers (you don't need to know he notes).
TuxGuitar can also export a Lilypond file. So: 1) download TuxGuitar, 2)
type in your strings  / fret numbers to make the tab 3) export it from
TuxGuitar to Lilypond format 4) process the resulting .ly file with Lilypond
and get a beautifully typeset tab...

http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/download.html Download TuxGuitar here.

Hope this helps!
--Dave