Re: Cannot correctly display menu in chinese windows 7

From: 王松
Subject: Re: Cannot correctly display menu in chinese windows 7
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 11:12:28 +0800

于 2011-10-28 0:32, Peekay Ex 写道:
Wangsong,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:58 AM, 王松 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

 Please see  my snapshots of screen.

WangSong

于 2011-10-27 16:26, Peekay Ex 写道:
Hello,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:48 AM, wangsong <address@hidden> wrote:
I have install lilypond, then start it.  But i cannot get correctly menu
display, just Îļޣ¨F£©, ±à¼­£¨E£© ...
I think there are some bug on international support. My OS is windows 7, the
language is chinese.
I want to post the snapshot of screen. but i cannot add attachment.

There is no 'menu' in lilypond - it is just an executable - so I think
you mean the default editor that comes with the software. My
suggestion is to use simply your own text editor and make it the
default editor for all .ly files.

I do this with my own installation. I use notepad++ for my default editor.

Regards

I have no idea what that smaller box is.

The first screenshot (the larger box) as you can see along the top of the window is 'lilypad' that is the built-in editor of lilypond but on windows it is no real difference than using Notepad or word pad. You can compile your file by simply dragging your .ly file over the lilypond exe on your server.

See
http://lilypond.org/windows.htmlhttp://lilypond.org/windows.html  specifically Step 2a. This is the method I use and it should make no difference if you are using a non-standard OS.

I know it doesn't solve your issue here, but it does mean you can work with LilyPond without having to use the built in editor.

James

PS please always make sure you reply-all so that the list gets the email and not just the replyer.

Thanks. I can run lilypond on the command-line.
But I think there are some bug on GUI editor for international support.

WangSong

PS My OS isn't non-standard OS, see the about windows.