Re: Percent Spacing

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Re: Percent Spacing
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 16:40:19 +0000

Phillipe,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Philippe Bonnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello.
> I am a new user of LilyPond and this is my firts Post / Question.
> Please forgive my mistakes in English (it's not my mother tongue).
>
> The code here under produces a pdf file with 4 lignes :
>    - the 1st line is OK (ie it's exactly what I want)
>    - 2nd line contains the bar #4 and "Percent Repeat" up to #5
>    - 3rd line contains "Percent Repeat" from #6 to #10 and nothing else
>    - 4th line contains the last part of the Staff.
>
> What I want is a Staff on 3 lines :
>    - the same 1st line (with the first 3 bars)
>    - 2nd line with bar #4 plus "Percent Repeat" up to #8
>    - 3rd line with "Percent Repeat" from #9 to #10
>      plus the last part of the Staff.
>
> Can someone help me to control thise "Percent" spacing and/or change of
> lines ?

You can use an override

\override Voice.PercentRepeat #'minimum-length = #4

(or whatever number you want to use). This will change the amount of
space the percent repeat sign will take.

I have not tried this in your example as it doesn't compile on my
unstable release (2.15.16) but I think this will help.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/internals/spanner_002dinterface

if you are interested.

James