Re: Making feathered beams more variable

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Making feathered beams more variable
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 12:52:55 -0500

Hi Harm,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:40 PM, harm6 <address@hidden> wrote:

I tried to make an automated definition (first attachment) and to integrate
it in the grow-beam-var-definition (second attachment). This feature will
only work with kneed beams and if the directions of the first and last stem
are different.
But I noticed a strange behaviour: I retrieve wrong output if the
global-staff-size is changed, or with other changes. Can you confirm this?
Perhaps it is similiar to my problem with your
center-grob-between-definition.
Or am I missing something or doing something wrong or ...?

I see no problems with the knee-beamed group on a single staff.  However, running your files, exactly as you sent them, on 2.14.2, I see no shortening of the final stem in the cross-staff examples.  Oddly enough, when I change the global-staff-size, the last stem of the last cross-staff group IS shortened at some sizes, but the other final stems are not shortened at all, ever, whatever size I try.

I really have no idea what could be causing these differences between our machines... A difference in OS?  Is this even a reasonable speculation?  (I'm using Windows XP.)

Sorry I can't be of more help...

-David