Re: Variable assignment in music functions

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: Variable assignment in music functions
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 20:23:59 +0100

Le 03/11/2011 20:02, David Kastrup disait :

Jean-Charles Malahieude writes:

Le 03/11/2011 19:02, Michael Ellis disait :
This allows me to do

      \set midiInstrument = #(cueInstrument 'get)

in my cueNotes and similar functions and the choice of instruments can
be set within the .ly file by

     #(setMainCueClapInstruments "trumpet" "clarinet" "timpani")

Is it just me, or has the thought occurred to others that LilyPond
might actually be easier to learn and use if the entry language was
pure Scheme?  :-)

I actually used this kind of artifact with King Arthur: I typeset it
for a music school here in France, so the table of contents, character
and instrument names should be in French. Beside that, the sources I
uploaded on the CPDL might be used in countries where French is not as
commonly used as in France and "Inhaltsverzeichnis" looks better in
German than "Table des matières". So I had to find a way to collect
all the strings that should be adapted in one place (per language) and
set this preference in one dedicated file that gets included in each
master file.

\paper {
       tocname = "Inhaltsverzeichnis"
}

#(define-markup-command (toc layout props) ()
  (interpret-markup layout props (ly:output-def-lookup layout 'tocname "none")))

\markup \toc

But the list is a bit longer (cf. enclosure)

Cheers,
Jean-Charles