Re: MIDI novice; cannot get Reference examples to play

From: ivan . k . kuznetsov
Subject: Re: MIDI novice; cannot get Reference examples to play
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 14:02:32 -0600

Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:

>   Do the midichannel(s) from your midi file MATCH with the midichannel(s)
> on your synth ?

This was the ticket.  I am such a MIDI novice that at first,
I did not know what this meant.  I found a "channel" button on
my Alesis synth though, started pushing it, and finally, I
was able to play lilypond created MIDI files.  Thanks;

Thanks to the others who responded as well.  I will look
into installing Timidity.