Re: Introduction, and question on symbol placement

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Re: Introduction, and question on symbol placement
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:48:03 +0000

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:24 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Wow, what great software.  I've been looking for something
> like this, and am very glad to have found it.
>
> I use lilypond to write lead sheets.  I have a chart with a
> coda jump that occurs right after a second ending.  The coda
> symbol gets placed quite high above the staff, high enough to
> clear the second ending.
>
> Is there a way I can tweak the placement of the Coda symbol
> to bring it a little (or a lot) lower, and hopefully cause
> the software to spread the horizontal spacing a little to
> prevent crowding?  Even if it creates crowding, I'd like to
> learn how to tweak the 'altitude' of the Coda sign.

There are a few ways you could do this I guess.

Best place to start is here

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/vertical-collision-avoidance

Regards

James

PS also take a look here

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/html/whatsthis.html

This often contains useful tweaks and hacks - although this is based
on the last 2.12 stable version the syntax hasn't changed *that* much
that most will still work with 2.14.x