Re: Hiding or delaying new staffs

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Hiding or delaying new staffs
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:50:32 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Downes" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:46 PM
Subject: Hiding or delaying new staffs

I have a situation I feel there should be an answer to but cannot find it. I write arrangements which start with, say, 8 bars intro during which , again say, up to 4 front line instruments are doing nothing. I either want to suppress their staffs during the intro or not create them till the end of the intro. I can suppress the staff itself but not the clef, time sig & key sig.

Steve

To get rid of all except piano staffs which only contain Whole Measure Rests, use:

\layout {
 \context {
   \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

Phil Holmes