Getting one midi file with file with many scores

From: Sebastian Canagaratna
Subject: Getting one midi file with file with many scores
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:59:12 -0500

hi:
  I had a file with two scores, each score having \layout() and \midi. In agreement with the
manual, there was only one output from \layout, but there were two midi files,
file.midi and file-1.midi. How does one get one midi file with a.ly file having many scores. In other words, I want lilypond output to be one midi file with file-1.midi appended to file.midi. I thought I had read somewhere how to append output
files, but searching notation.pdf did not turn up anything.

Thanks.

Sebastian