Control of measure_grouping_engraver

From: paul
Subject: Control of measure_grouping_engraver
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 04:49:09 +0000 (UTC)

I am typesetting rhythmically challenging music by B. Martinu.
A typical feature in Martinu works is a perpetually changing
time signature. What I'd like to do is rhythmically annotate
the beat groupings for  tricky parts only,
for example 4/4 to 7/8 or 2/4 to 5/8. For the 7/8 and 5/8
bars it's very handy to have measure groupings above the staff.
However I cannot see how to do this just for selected bars,
rather than the entire piece.
Perhaps this is just not possible ?
The examples on controlling the Measure_grouping_engraver
in the tutorials are usually in layout
block and so apply to the entire score.
It would also be nice to be add grid lines for beat indicators
just to some bars/measures but not all.

Is this task possible ?

Regards paul