Re: note extension dot positioning

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: note extension dot positioning
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 06:57:52 +1100

On 18/11/11 15:42, Mathias Koerber wrote:
How can I avoid lilypond placing the extension dot
for the note of the upper voice behind the lower voice note?

I'd like to have the upper voice note (including dot)
to the left (or right) of the lower voice note, and its dot
should be next to the note.

see attached screenshot
The layout displayed in your screenshot is the recommended layout in this situation (see Gould, p.56, for example). If you want it otherwise you can use

\once \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #number

on one of the voices and then tweak the horizontal position of the dot.

Nick