LilyPond, MetaFont and Scheme

From: address@hidden
Subject: LilyPond, MetaFont and Scheme
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:48:51 -0500

Hey users,

I am trying to create the feta font note head stencil in Scheme so that I can
bend it to my heart's liking with various tweaks, but I am running into a
problem of my not being able to convert MetaFont to Scheme (mostly because I
don't speak MetaFont).  I did, however, get the SVG path for this grob :

M220 138c56 0 109 -29 109 -91c0 -72 -56 -121 -103 -149c-36 -21 -76 -36 -117
-36c-56 0 -109 29 -109 91c0 72 56 121 103 149c36 21 76 36 117 36z

(plus various translations and scalings)

I've tried inputting these coordinates into make-path-stencil (accounting for
translation, scaling, and the fact that all of these coordinates are relative),
but the result never comes out to a notehead.

Any suggestions for how to convert this SVG instruction into something readable
by make-path-stencil?  This is the type of thing that I could spend 10 hours
trying to figure out if no one has a 15 minute answer, so please don't spend
any more time than that on the question.  Beyond the actual result, what
interests me most is how to map one encoding of Bézier curves onto the other
successfully.

Cheers,
MS