Re: Scheme for rhythmic transposition

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Scheme for rhythmic transposition
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 16:18:16 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:07 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 11:22 AM

   \shiftDurations
                   -1 0 { \music }

Is this the correct usage, and does this mean that \shiftDurations
does only shorted music?

1 is an UNSIGNED.  -1 is a fingering.  Hooray.  Try #-1 instead.  I'll
eventually get around to getting the "interpret in the correct manner by
magic" behavior for negative numbers as well, but it has never been in
Lilypond so far.  Actually, historically Lilypond would have balked at 1
as well, calling for #1 instead.  So in a way, your impression is partly
my fault.

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=305

Better.

The simpler syntax doesn't work with the LSR, since it's still at
2.12. FWIW, with 2.15.18, using a negative number as the number of
dots to add (I know, it makes no sense)

It does, when dots are everywhere to start with.

appears to cause lily to loop and grab memory.  I killed the process
at 40 seconds and 1.8 Gigs of memory.

I am not all that surprised.  Still, one should likely catch that one
and abort when it would cause a negative dot number anywhere.

Phil Holmes