beginners question Lilypond

From: Kim van Aurich-Hoogenraad
Subject: beginners question Lilypond
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:54:38 +0100

Dear all,

Is there someone who could please help me. I'm a absolute Lilypond beginner. And to make things worse, I'm blind as well, so I can not check the printed output (and there is only a four years old in the house able to read little music...).

What do I do wrong in the below example???

I want:

- a landscape printed music sheet (with very big sized staffs "so, when I print it on my graphic braille printer, I can check it myself, before I print it in normal size");

- Each staff only has a few notes and in front of each staff I want a number.

PHs.: And what is a good/normal landscape size for normal sighted people to use?

\version "2.14.2

\layout { }

   #(set-default-paper-size "a4" 'landscape)
  #(set-global-staff-size 26)

\header {

  title = "Example: Twinkle twinkle little star"

"

melody = \relative c' {

  \clef treble

  \key c \major

  \time 4/4

1. = \new Staff } g4 g4 d4 d4 \ e4 e4 d2 \

2. = \new Staff ] c8 c8 c8 c8 b4 b4 \ a4 a4 g2 \

3. = \new Staff ] d4 d4 c4 c4 \ b4 b4 a2 \

4. = \new Staff ] d4 d4 c4 c4 \ b4 b4 a2\

5. = \new Staff ] g4 g4 d4 d4 \ e4 e4 d2 \

6. = \new Staff ] c8 c8 c8 c8 b4 b4 \ a4 a4 g2 \

}

I also want color added to my notes, but I'm not sure whether it is better to use color per bar or pitch related color.

And both syntaxes are beyond my skills (I do not get any color "or so I think, but maybe the inkt of the printer was finished...").

I want:

- black for all notes play on the e string = e f g and higher;

- blue played on the b string = b c (middle c) d

- green played on the g string = g a

- red played on the d string = d e f

- orange played on the a string = a b c

- gray played on the bass e string = e f g

Can someone please add the correct color syntaxes to the above example for me?

I would be very, very grateful.

Thanks,

Kim