Re: Non-standard MIDI instruments

From: Hilary Snaden
Subject: Re: Non-standard MIDI instruments
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 21:40:59 +0000

On 2011-11-23 08:17, Keith OHara wrote:
Hilary Snaden<hils<at>  newearth.demon.co.uk>  writes:

I've tried adding lines like this

("ahh choir" . ,(- 53 1))

to midi.scm

That works for me.
I can only suspect that you might have multiple installations, and edited the
.scm file of a different installation than you used to compile the .ly

It works now. I may have had some names in mixed case, LilyPond only works with them if they're lower case (the soundfont names are mixed case). It's hard to be sure now as it was at the end of an all-nighter.

If anyone's interested, I now have a patch for midi.scm to add definitions for all of the Fluid 3 soundfont bank 0 names.

--
Hilary