Re: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:56:22 +0100

----- Ursprüngliche Mitteilung -----

> I've recently started getting "ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()"
> when I compile the code for a rather large (5000+ lines) project, and I
> have no idea how to fix it. There is no line reference, and no
> indication what causes this problem

Try enabling guile's debug mode. A while ago, the debug mode was turned off in
lilypond, because it adds some performance penalty. But without debug mode,
guile does not print out line numbers for scheme errors. We have recently
enabled debug miode again.

For your score, you can try adding
   #(debug-enable 'debug)
to the top of your score. If that does not help,
add
   (debug-enable 'debug)
in scm/lily.scm of your lilypond installation.

That should get you line numbers for the error to track down the area of the
problem

Cheers,
Reinhold