Re: transpose the input

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: transpose the input
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 01:32:26 +0100

2011/11/29 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sure this has been asked before, but probably I'm using the wrong
> keywords.
> I'd like to *transpose the input* of a piece to a different pitch (for
> example from g to d).
> I know that I can use \transpose to change the output. But I'd like to
> change the input.
>
> There's any tool in the lilypond package which can accomplish this task?
> Thanks in advance,
> Federico

Frescobaldi makes this very easy to do. You select a range of pitches
and choose Tools->Pitches->Transpose. Then enter two absolute pitches
similar to \transpose.

Also, lilypond can transpose and print the transposed pitches.
{
  \displayLilyMusic \transpose c a, { c4 e g a bes }
}

It's in NR 3.3.4
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/displaying-lilypond-notation

--