Re: Placing text next to notes

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Placing text next to notes
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:05:39 -0600

On Dec 1, 2011, at 6:26 AM, Daniel Kraft wrote:

> I have the following problem:  I would like to engrave an arpeggio
> which should be played in a "unusual" order, namely first the highest,
> then the lowest and finally the middle note.

There is nothing unusual about that and I would see no reason why any musician
would need further explanation.  Just write the notes and they will play it.

> To indicate that, I'd like to place roman numerals I, II and III next
> to (i.e., right of) the respective notes.  Is there an (easy) way to
> do that?

Look at chord fingerings under "Fingering Instructions" in the documentation,
you might be able to do something with that.  However, speaking from the
musician's perspective adding Roman numerals to what is a simple three note
phrase would seem more confusing than helpful- especially as Roman numerals
already have other uses in music.