chordmode inversion question/feature request

From: Bernhard Ott
Subject: chordmode inversion question/feature request
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 16:45:18 +0100

Hi,
it would be great having the possibility of writing the first inversion of a chord in a shorthand manner like the second one, i.e.
\chordmode { c4 c/e c/g r4 }
Of course one can do
e:3-.6-
but it would speed up things drastically. And to be honest: we all think of this as c-major, so the code would be easier to read.

I guess there is a good reason why this is not already possible?

Regards,
Bernhard