Re: Staff spacing snippet

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Staff spacing snippet
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 01:39:48 -0800

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 04:25:07PM +1100, Nick Payne wrote:
> \version "2.14.2"
>
> \paper {
> %   system-system-spacing #'padding = #3
> %   system-system-spacing #'padding = #6
>     system-system-spacing #'padding = #12
> }
>
> \header {
>    tagline = ""
> }
>
> \score {
>    \new Staff {
>      \repeat unfold 96 { c''8[ c''] }
>    }
> }
>
> \layout {
>     indent = 0\mm
> }

Very much obliged!  Can you please give me a dope-slap with the
page number of the manual where you found this?  Based on a
previous reply to this thread, I read chapter 4 pretty well I
thought, but there is no mention of system-system-spacing that I
can find (in the 2.12.3 PDF manual, even in the index).  That is
the manual that came with my 2.14.2 distribution, is there a
newer one out?  It appears the HTML manual online is also 2.12.

I have a piece where lilypond's default vertical spacing (except
for my chosen staff size) creates a lot of vertical collisions
between chordname staves and melody staves, sometimes with
volta above one staff overlapping with descending triplet
brackets in the staff above  (is that worthy of a submittal to
the bug squad?).  So I need to figure out how to tell lilypond to
stretch the vertical spacing to get rid of the collisions.  I
think your syntax tip will get me there.

Thank you!

Jim