Re: Conditionally including lyrics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Conditionally including lyrics
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:02:45 +0100

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello list,
>
> I have a lot of small music pieces with several stanzas which I store
> like this
>
> textA = \lyricmode {
>   \set stanza = "1. "
>   this is the first stan -- za.
> }
>
> textB = \lyricmode {
>   \set stanza = "2. "
>   and this one is the se -- cond.
> }
>
> textC = ...

Why?  If you want them processed automatically, why do you put them into
dissociated macros and expect Lilypond to go hunting for them?

It is reasonably easy to generate symbol names, check whether there is
anything bound to them, and collect them into some music, but it is also
arbitrary and error-prone.

Is there a particular reason you want your stanzas to be stored in a
manner not useful for the processing you plan to do with them?

--
David Kastrup