polychords, using root in chord markup?

From: Jean-Alexis Montignies
Subject: polychords, using root in chord markup?
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 23:59:25 +0100

Hi,

I will have to write polychords (as my jazz harmony classes is getting to that) in Lilypond. I'm looking for ways to do this. Polychord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is it be possible to use the root or a transposed root into the markup of a chord? I could then use the extensions to recognize a upper chord relatively to the root.
Another work around could be the use of a second line of chord, but then how to the horizontal lines between the two chords?
Suggestions? Could I rewrite some chord naming scheme function to do that?

Greetings,

Jean-Alexis
PS: I'm currently really annoyed by bug 1700 ;)