Need a new articulation glyph...

From: George_
Subject: Need a new articulation glyph...
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 21:27:09 -0800 (PST)

I'd appreciate some feedback on how to implement a new ornament:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32910828/Untitled.png

It's a Bach ornament known as a slide, and is normally played by playing the
2 consecutive notes below and leading up to the ornamented note. So for the
given example, you would play "e32 fis g8". I can think of a couple of
potential ways this could be written out:

1) Pray and hope that somebody here had this need and have somehow solved it
already
2) I notice it's similar to the prallup glyph, but shorter and with the arm
facing the other way. If I could edit the glyph with Paint.NET or GIMP or
similar, then I could do one of two things:
a) Place it as a normal ornament or markup and move it into the right place
using \halign and \override Script #'padding.
b) Place it as an appoggiatura (not sure if this is possible?) - if I can
get this done, it would be in about the right place already and not need
much moving.
3) If I couldn't edit it, then perhaps someone would be willing to create
such a glyph for me?

If someone creates, or has created a solution for this already, I think it
should be put into the docs.

Thanks for the help

George