Lilypondtool/jEdit problem

From: Patrick Karl
Subject: Lilypondtool/jEdit problem
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 14:18:18 -0600

I submitted the following to the lily4jedit-user list this morning, but it
doesn't seem that that list gets much traffic.  So I thought I would submit it
here, too, in the hopes that someone knows how to fix my problem.

> This morning I was running jEdit 4.3.1 with a 2.12.xxx version of
> Lilypondtool.  When I clicked on the Preview Output (PDF) button on the
> Lilpondtool toolbar, new behaviors occurred:
>
>   *  a blank LilyPond PDF Preview window appeared, disappeared into the Dock
> (I'm running OSX 10.6.8), and then popped back up with my LilyPond output.
> This was new behavior; previously, what would happen was that the LilyPond
> PDF Preview window would simply appear.
>
>   *  if I left the LilyPond PDF Preview window up and clicked on the Run
> Lilypond button, the contents of the LilyPond PDF Preview window were not
> updated with my latest changes.  Priviously, the LilyPond PDF Preview window
> would remain up but with blank contents, and the updated output would be
> inserted into it at the end of the Lilypond compilation.  Now in order to see
> the updated output, I have to kill the LilyPond PDF Preview window and then
> click on the Preview Output button.
>
> When I say new behaviors, I mean that they did not occur the last time I used
> jEdit w/Lilypondtool; that was yesterday.
>
> I must have inadvertently clicked on something to cause these new behaviors.
> Does anyone know how I might revert to the old behaviors?
>
> I have in the meantime upgraded to jEdit 4.4.2 and Lilypondtool
> 2.14.20111117, but the above described behaviors persist.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick Karl

Since then I have found another bad behavior, namely, I can't get the LilyPond
PDF Preview window to show more than a single page.  I am forced to use
Preview.app for output greater than a single page, and, of course, then I don't
get the connection between the pdf output and the lilypond input.

Anyone?