Where to put user ly files on OSX?

From: huzzam
Subject: Where to put user ly files on OSX?
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 17:58:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi--

I'm fairly new to lilypond, and am starting to write my own ly files to
include. I want to put them somewhere that will be accessible easily from
any score (user defaults). The only place I've so far been able to find to
put them is inside the lilypond application package itself
(/Applications/Lilypond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly).
This obviously is annoying when I upgrade lilypond, as I have to dig in
there and copy my files to the new one.

Is there some place I can put them so that I can still just "\include
asdf.ly" (without a path), but which is not inside the package itself?
Something along the lines of ~/Library/lilypond or /usr/share/lilypond?

Thanks!
~peter in oakland