Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 14:07:20 +1100

On 07/12/11 12:58, huzzam wrote:
Hi--

I'm fairly new to lilypond, and am starting to write my own ly files to
include. I want to put them somewhere that will be accessible easily from
any score (user defaults). The only place I've so far been able to find to
put them is inside the lilypond application package itself
(/Applications/Lilypond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly).
This obviously is annoying when I upgrade lilypond, as I have to dig in
there and copy my files to the new one.

Is there some place I can put them so that I can still just "\include
asdf.ly" (without a path), but which is not inside the package itself?
Something along the lines of ~/Library/lilypond or /usr/share/lilypond?

I have all my lilypond source files in one directory structure, with the include ly files at the top level, and for projects with source in lower level dirs, I create symbolic links pointing to the include files at the top level. There may be a neater way of doing it...

Nick