Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 20:55:21 +0100

On 7 Dec 2011, at 19:20, Peter Jaques wrote:

> Thanks for the responses, everyone.
>
> I have been using the lilypond application (lilypond.app on Mac OSX), not the
> command line, so didn't know about any options.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to pass options to lilypond from
> lilypond.app?

I could not see any way to do it with the application. You might change its
lilypond binary, and replace it with a script, but then you will have to redo
that for every update.

> Otherwise I guess I'll have to dive all the way into getting a new editor set
> up and everything... Wow, I haven't used Vim since 1999! ;)

It is possible to combine: use whatever editor you like, and run it from
Terminal. I just use the Xcode editor. There are other setups which understand
LilyPond code better.

Hans