Re: Segmentation Fault

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 21:16:43 +0100

Le Dec 7, 2011 à 9:12 PM, Craig a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a large score (choral symphony).  When I include my tuba
> part I am getting a segmentation fault.  What does this mean?
>
> Wouldn't segmentation have to do with a memory issue?
>
> Craig Bakalian

Hey Craig,

A segfault usually means that there's a bug in the program.  If you e-mail
address@hidden with a minimal example attached, they should be able to help you
out.  By minimal example, I mean shave your score down until you find where the
error is coming from.  For example, if you just use the tuba part, does it
segfault?  Does the segfault occur when other parts are present?  If you make
the tuba part smaller, does it still occur?  The smaller the example is, the
more likely the problem will get solved soon.

Cheers,
MS