Re: Wiring up a complex song

From: Dirkjan Ochtman
Subject: Re: Wiring up a complex song
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 22:45:53 +0100

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 22:19, jakob lund <address@hidden> wrote:
>  \voiceOne << \global \Sa \Sb >> means that those three parts overlap,
> as you say...
>
> I'm guessing what you want is
>
>   \new Staff = women <<
>     \new Voice \global
>     \new Voice = "S" {\Sa \Sb }
>     }
>   >>
>   \context Lyrics \lyricsto "S" { \womena \womenc }
>   \context Lyrics \lyricsto "S" { \womenb }
>
> I've completely not tested it and may be wrong but you could try...

This is an improvement, at least:

\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \new Staff = women <<
      \new Voice \global
      \new Voice = "S" {\Sa \Sb }

    \context Lyrics \lyricsto "S" { \womena \womenc }
    \context Lyrics \lyricsto "S" { \womenb }

}

This gets me the first lyrics to the repeated first part (\womena),
and the third part of the lyrics to the unrepeated second part
(\womenc), but the second lyrics to the repeated first part don't show
up.... At least it's some progress! Thanks so far...

Cheers,

Dirkjan