Re: Wiring up a complex song

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: Re: Wiring up a complex song
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 11:25:50 +1300

On 8/12/2011, at 10:45 am, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:

> This is an improvement, at least:
>
> \score {
> \new ChoirStaff <<
>   \new Staff = women <<
>     \new Voice \global
>     \new Voice = "S" {\Sa \Sb }
>>>
>   \context Lyrics \lyricsto "S" { \womena \womenc }
>   \context Lyrics \lyricsto "S" { \womenb }
>>>
> }
>
> This gets me the first lyrics to the repeated first part (\womena),
> and the third part of the lyrics to the unrepeated second part
> (\womenc), but the second lyrics to the repeated first part don't show
> up.... At least it's some progress! Thanks so far...

Use '\new Lyrics' instead of '\context Lyrics', or give them distinct names
(e.g. '\context Lyrics = "line1"', '\context Lyrics = "line2"').  As it is your
second set of Lyrics is trying to overwrite the first set instead of creating a
new line, resulting in the warning 'Two simultaneous lyric events, junking this
one'.

Best wishes,
Matthew