Re: Segmentation Fault (Midi News Flash)

From: Craig
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault (Midi News Flash)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 19:05:35 -0500

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 23:52 +0000, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> If you come to the list with very little information and no code
> available, and ask us what's wrong, we can't possibly tell you.  We
> don't
> have any idea.

This is the main issue with reporting such bugs with lilypond.  Let's
say I start reducing this problematic file, I reduce the project down to
a single file, and then the bug goes away.  I spend hours trying to
reduce the project to its point of seg fault.

On the other hand, let say I send you the entire choral symphony in a
folder.  Then you are left going through the syntax looking for the
problem.

Hence, the issue becomes frozen.  Hence, my correlation to the American
Banking System.

I can't come to the list with a little information, and I can't come to
the list with too much information.

Craig Bakalian

Let me know if you want the project.