Re: duration and pitch in a function

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: Re: duration and pitch in a function
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:58:44 +1300

On 8/12/2011, at 10:48 pm, David Kastrup wrote:

> Please, *never*, *never*, *never* send a "courtesy copy" of a public
> answer as a private mail when answering on a mailing list unless you
> have been _explicitly_ asked to provide such a copy.
>
> Otherwise, you set up _two_ different communication channels that the
> person you are showing your "courtesy" then has to answer separately.
> It is a great nuisance and additional work and hassle.

Normally I'd agree with you, but in fairness to Paolo I observe that this is
the only mailing list I am or ever have been a member of in which the default
behaviour is to reply to the sender (only) rather than to the list.  I have in
consequence more than once unintentionally sent a separate "courtesy copy"
message.

Best wishes,
Matthew