Re: duration and pitch in a function

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: Re: duration and pitch in a function
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 17:58:36 +1300

On 9/12/2011, at 2:27 pm, David Kastrup wrote:

>> On 8/12/2011, at 10:48 pm, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>>> Please, *never*, *never*, *never* send a "courtesy copy" of a public
>>> answer as a private mail when answering on a mailing list unless you
>>> have been _explicitly_ asked to provide such a copy.
>>
>> Normally I'd agree with you, but in fairness to Paolo I observe that
>> this is the only mailing list I am or ever have been a member of in
>> which the default behaviour is to reply to the sender (only) rather
>> than to the list.  I have in consequence more than once
>> unintentionally sent a separate "courtesy copy" message.
>
> You arae confusing a _separate_ "courtesy copy", namely one for which
> the _only_ recipient in the headers is the person you are replying to,
> with _including_ the intended recipient in the list of recipients of the
> _same_ mail.

No, I am not: a separate message is what I said, and what I meant.  Because the
list reply defaults to the sender _only_, unless I remember explicitly to
choose "Reply All" (which I otherwise rarely use) any message I mean to send to
the list goes instead to just the individual.  I then have to send a separate
copy to the list (only), making my first reply retrospectively and
unintentionally a "courtesy copy".  The last occasion that happened was just
yesterday.  And as I said, I do not have this problem with any other mailing
list.

Best wishes,
Matthew