Re: Clashing note columns

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Clashing note columns
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 13:10:19 +0100

Kris Van Bruwaene <address@hidden> writes:

>> David Kastrup wrote:

>>> I can't quite see your example code.
>
> Here is an example.
>
> Kris
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p32951130/lilytest.ly lilytest.ly

Well, first of all it is a surprisingly bad idea to redefine Lilypond's
existing commands \voiceOne and \voiceTwo since you will actually need
them for solving your problem.

Once you have renamed your own commands to something sensible, use
Lilypond's own \voiceOne in the upper of your two voices, and Lilypond's
own \voiceTwo in the lower of your two voices (I'd do that in the score
after \global rather than in the music definitions, but that's a matter
of taste).

The collisions will then get resolved amicably without any property
meddling of your own.

--
David Kastrup