how to make a songbook

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: how to make a songbook
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:53:56 -0500

Hi all,

I've been using LilyPond for some time now, always to make lead
sheets, or single- and multiple-page individual songs, mostly for
church use.  I now have quite a store of Christmas carols and similar
which I'd like to do up into a booklet, perhaps printed ;landscape on
letter or legal paper.  I don't need to get fancy with page numbers or
anything like that, as long as all my booklets are printed the same.

It occurs to me that if I could import them into OpenOffice I could
re-size them and arrange them there with a minimum of fuss -- I did
that a few years ago (version 2.5.x), but I can't remember what I did
there.  How does one make a lily output suitable to import into OOo?
(PNG?)

I use 2.15.19 on a Windoze XP Pro laptop or 2.13.x on a PC-BSD
desktop, with LilyPondTool on jEdit.

--
Fr. Gordon Gilbert
Penetanguishene, ON