Re: Appoggiatura appears between two repeats

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Appoggiatura appears between two repeats
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 01:06:23 +0100

On 12 December 2011 00:30, George_ <address@hidden> wrote:

> http://old.nabble.com/file/p32957263/Untitled.jpg
>
> What I want is for the appoggiatura to be on the same side of the double bar
> line as the D#. What I wrote looks something like what is below (at the
> end). As you can see I've put the volta repeats only into the top part. Up
> until now it's worked fine for everything. I don't think the \bar "|." is
> causing the problem, because taking it out doesn't help. The piece begins
> with a quaver partial bar, but that's resolved in the first alternative. Any
> help would be good.

See NR 1.2.6 Special rhythmic concerns > Grace notes
Known issues and warnings

  [The example shown in the documentation is the same as your issue.]

  This can be remedied by inserting grace skips of the corresponding
  durations in the other staves.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns.html#grace-notes

I.e. in your voice one (first staff) add a  \grace s8  before your R2.
of measure 18.

Cheers,
Xavier

--