Re: how to make a songbook

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: how to make a songbook
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:19:47 -0500

On 12 December 2011 06:49, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 06:20:30AM -0500, Father Gordon Gilbert wrote:
> > OOoh!  What should I be looking for?  So far in the OOo document the
> > display looks fine.  Even at fairly high magnitude.  My son also made
> > a cryptic comment about 300 dpi.  I *am* prepared to give this up as a
> > lost cause if it looks ugly, but so far with about 26 songs in my
> > book, it looks OK.
>
> If you make a bitmap larger, the quality degrades.  Try printing
> out 1 page of your document, then look at it with a magnifying
> glass.
>
> ** do not rely on looking at the computer screen **
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

Thanks Graham,

I did print out one page, and while some of the type is a little
fuzzy, it's all readable.  Basically I've taken letter-size pages and
pasted them into OOo, and re-sized them as necessary, also cutting off
the footer at the bottom, and if possible, stretching the song to fill
the page (half of a legal-size page).

I think I'm onto something here that will fill the bill for what I
need.  Looking at the printed copy, I will experiment with proportions
and sizing some more.

Blessings,

Gordon+

--