Re: Display "r2" as r1? -- SOLVED!

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Display "r2" as r1? -- SOLVED!
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 03:57:37 +0000

On 12/17/11 1:36 PM, "PMA" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Yes, a corresponding snippet might help -- or even just a comment
>with an existing snippet that shows "#'stencil" & "#'text" overrides
>for NoteHead, that this sequence can be applied to Rest as well.

The reason we do not do this is that this sequence can be applied to *any*
Grob.
You can set the 'stencil property to text-interface::print, and then set
the 'text property to any markup.  It can be done for NoteHeads, Rests,
TimeSignatures, and on and on.

It would be repetitive to list this for all the grobs, and the NR is very
long as it is.

Probably, in the learning manual, section 4.3.1 where it talks about
overriding
'stencil to #f and to 'point-stencil, we should also show an example of
setting it to text-interface::print, along with some discussion that any
grob can have its stencil set to text-interface::print.

Thanks,

Carl