Re: key and chordmode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: key and chordmode
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:03:19 +0100

Róbert Kohányi <address@hidden> writes:

>> you should have read more carefully what David wrote (and thought
> about it):
>
> In my first message I wrote that "If I change "e,:1.7.10^3" to
> "e,:1.7.10-^3" I get the desired output." So this isn't *exactly* the
> issue, but David's solution isn't exactly right too,

I was just shooting from memory, and a fuzzy one at that.  The correct
part of what I was saying was the bit about chord specifications being
impervious to the current key (this would be different from how figured
bass works, I think).  But I was obviously wrong in my assumption about
the effect of a "minor" spec in the chord.  Sorry for that.

I am also not convinced that this is the best imaginable interface or
expected behavior, but it is mostly modeled on Jazz usage, I think, and
I have no clue about Jazz.

So sorry if I caused more confusion than help.

--
David Kastrup