Re: Problems with lilypond and lion?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Problems with lilypond and lion?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:01:19 -0800

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 08:54:04PM +0100, Hans Aberg wrote:
> >> LilyPond 2.15.22 works in the OS X 10.7.2 GUI. From Terminal, I use a
> >> script ~/bin/lilypond:
> >>   exec /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond "$@"
> >> On OS X 10.7 /usr/local/bin/ is in the path, so one can put the script
> >> there.
>
> > Did you install it by hand or downloaded the binary package?
>
> The binary at
>   http://lilypond.org/development.html
> I think the issue was fixed some months ago.

Those interested in lilypond on osx should read this:
(note: the title should maybe be changed to "on ppc macs", or
maybe not, I'm not really certain)

As far as the web page goes:
- lilypond 2.14 is the stable version.  That does not work on
  10.7.  End of story.
  The website did not rebuild when I added a warning to this
  effect, but I've manually rebuilt it now:
    http://lilypond.org/macos-x.html
- normal users will *not* be direct to the unstable development
  version, which in any case may or may not work on any given
  architecture or osx version.

Cheers,
- Graham