modifying chordNameSeparator behavior

From: Shevek
Subject: modifying chordNameSeparator behavior
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:22:55 -0800 (PST)

I'd like to get Lilypond's chord symbols to appear more "Real Book" like.
Part of that style involves not putting a slash between the basic suffix of
a chord and its alterations. So far so good, as I can just set
chordNameSeparator to \markup\null. The trouble is that doing that removes
the slash before an alternate bass note, which I want to keep. Is there a
way to remove the slash before an alteration without removing the slash
before an alternate bass note?