Re: mentor needed

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: mentor needed
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:21:39 +0000

Specially because I am in Mac and I might miss most of the needed tools :-/

Depending on how serious you are to help with Lilypond Dev, I was also
on a mac for 2 years helping but I used VirtualBox and the pre-built
Linux Environment as a Virtual Machine - LilyDev - which you can find
all about here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/lilydev

Actually I still use LilyDev in VirtualBox, but on a Linux Machine :)
I prefer to keep my LilyPond Dev environment separate from my real
machine (as I can also use snapshots in VirtualBox so if I make a huge
mistake I can roll back in seconds).

Enough serious to make the old web pages disappear (at least some, like the download page).

Not to help with lilypond itself, as I am a Perl guy (not Python) and I am in enough projects to not have time for any :)

Downloading the iso file :)
Thanks

Alberto