Re: \rN alignment

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: \rN alignment
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:28:58 -0600

Hi Jerod,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Jerod Sommerfeldt <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm using the \rN function for most of the work in my class (and I'm still grateful for everyone's help), however, I'm having some issues with horizontal alignment.  The following score produces a bassline with roman numerals, but I can't seem to get the numerals themselves to horizontally align.  I tried several of the \markup commands (like \line and \center), and tried the \override DynamicLineSpanner #'Y-extent function to no avail.  Is this an easy fix?  I couldn't find anything in the archives and I'm probably not using something correctly.

Thanks as always,

Jerod
----------------------------------
www.jerodsommerfeldt.com

\include "/Users/jerod_s/Documents/LilyPond/LPScores/rN.ly"

[this file can be found here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg65314.html ]

The immediate solution to your problem is to add this line:

\override TextScript #'self-alignment-X = #CENTER

If you'd like the text to be vertically in line as well:

\override TextScript #'padding = #3

You don't have to worry about these issues if you attach the analysis as lyrics.  Then each markup is centered by default and all text appears in a single line.  (You'll also find that the inversion figures are better spaced.)  I've attached a file (including the \rN function) which adapts your example.

HTH,
David