Re: Seasonal carols page

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Seasonal carols page
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 22:05:30 +0100

On 23/12/2011 21:47, dadadharma @dslextreme.com wrote:
>> Am 2011-12-17 um 19:59 schrieb Father Gordon Gilbert:
>>> I don't know if it's useful to anyone, but a collection of
>>> the most common Public Domain Christmas carols in a booklet form
>>> is at
> this turned out to be so useful that several wanted the Lilypond files
> directly.
>
> So, I've started a page & a project.
>
> <http://www.hosorembo.com/Lily/carols.html>
>
> (At the moment, one Hannukah song, one Advent hymn, and one Yuletide carol.)
> (But I'll be adding to this during the day.)
A while ago, I typeset some Christmas songs for the choir where I was
singing at that time. You can find the pdfs and the corresponding
lilypond files for five popular Christmas songs on my (German) webpage:
         http://wiki.kainhofer.com/chor/noten

Those five songs are:
  -) Es ist ein Ros entsprungen (Michael Praetorius)
  -) Hark! the herald angels sing (Felix Mendelssohn)
  -) In dulci jubilo (Michael Praetorius)
  -) O sanctissima! (Oh du fröhliche!) (Ludwig van Beethoven)
  -) Tochter Zion (Georg Friedrich Händel)

Note that the webpage is some mixture between German and English.
"Weihnachtslieder" means "Christmas carols" in English...
Also note that all those songs are in the public domain, and I merely
typeset them in LilyPond, so there is absolutely no protection by
copyright law (and just in case there would be some protection: Hereby I
waive all rights in those typsets that I am legally allowed to waive. In
particular, in coutries with public domain, these typesets are in the
public domain, in all others, I grant a perpetual, irrevocable license
to anyone to modify, copy, perform or in any other way use those files
without any conditions.). Feel free to use those lilypond sources for
whatever project you like.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886