Re: How to change the name of the MIDI file ?

From: Louis Bettens
Subject: Re: How to change the name of the MIDI file ?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 12:24:45 +0100

Le 27. 12. 11 22:21, Marc Hohl a écrit :
Am 27.12.2011 20:10, schrieb Louis Bettens:
Hello everybody,
Tiny example : try.ly :
\version "2.12.3"

\book {
\score {
%first arpeggio
\relative c' { c e g c }
\midi { }
}
\score {
%second arpeggio
\relative c' { d fis a d }
\midi { }

The midi output of the first arpeggio goes in "try.midi" and the
second in
"try-1.midi".
I would like to specify a filename for each of these outputs ( for
example
"arpeggio-C.midi" and "arpeggio-D.midi" )
Perhaps something in the midi block ?

If you save this as arpeggio.ly, then you get
arpeggio-C.midi and arpeggio-D.midi

\book {
\bookOutputSuffix "C"
\score {
%first arpeggio
\relative c' { c e g c }
\midi { }

\book {
\bookOutputSuffix "D"
\score {
%second arpeggio
\relative c' { d fis a d }
\midi { }

See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/output-file-names
( think it works with 2.12, too, but not tested)

HTH

Marc

Is it possible ?
Thank you for help !

Thank you very much, but first, it didn't work with lilypond 2.12.3 so I
did a HUGE upgrade which brought Gnome 3 ( so I decided to switch to
XFCE4 ) and a lot of funny things which usually come with upgrades, and
then I finally got lilypond 2.14.3, YES !

Your solution works well with my tiny example, but it's harder in real
life : In the score I'm writing, I can't put each score in a separate
book because this is a suite and in a suite, each piece follows ( "suit"
in french, this is why it's called a "suite" ) the  previous. They must
be in the same book !

Perhaps there are no lilypond command to do that and I should use a
makefile to rename my MIDI files ?