Re: Unexpected tag warning

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Unexpected tag warning
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:20:34 +0100

Roman <address@hidden> writes:

>> (Not top-posting ... honest)
>
> In the following snippet nothing has actually been tagged with #'bad inside
> the
> expression assigned to incl, so the two evaluations of incl should be
> identical.
>
> --
>   \version "2.15.22"
>
>   incl = \new Staff {
>       \tempo 2=46
>       \relative c'' { a2 a }
>   }
>
>   <<
>       \removeWithTag #'bad \incl
>       \incl
>   >>
> --
>
> However, when I compile it I get the warning
>     temp.ly:4:2: warning: Two simultaneous tempo-change events, junking this
> one
>       \tempo 2=46
>     temp.ly:4:2: warning: Previous tempo-change event here
>       \tempo 2=46
>
> This warning disappears if I comment out %{ \removeWithTag #'bad %}
>
> Does anyone have an idea what's going on here.

removeWithTag calls music-filter, and music-filter filters out
everything having the given tag.  If you put a \displayMusic before the
first and the second line in << >> you'll see that the resulting tempo
events are not actually identical after filtering.  Since they are
different while occuring at the same time, LilyPond complains.

I just pushed a fix to staging as
a2c7fbaa892b59a590b4635ddd184ca0487a38e3.  With that fix, your example
runs fine.

--
David Kastrup